Partners in the Park
Partners in the Parks is an experiential learning program sponsored by Southern Utah University in cooperation with the National Collegiate Honors Council and the U.S. National Park Service.It hosts projects at national parks across the country offering unique opportunities for collegiate honors students and faculty to visit areas of the American landscape noted for their beauty, significance and lasting value.
Seminars led by university faculty and park personnel will include historical, scientific, cultural, and other important areas unique to a given park. Projects will also take advantage of exciting recreational opportunities in the parks to broaden participant’s understanding of the overall value of national parks to our country and its citizens. Read more…
Fill out the form and attach the following two documents:
Why this Experience?
Attach an essay of approximately 500 words in which you address the following:
- What are your academic, career, and personal goals? How will the Honors Semester, Winterim, or Partners-in-the-Park experience impact your goal achievement?
- In what extra-curricular experiences have you participated and how do these experiences relate to your values and goals?
- Tell us something interesting about yourself. What special qualities or strengths make you a good candidate for this award.
- Signature of Applicant: My signature below indicates that the information I have supplied on this form is accurate and complete. No later than one month after the chosen experience, I will submit a reflection essay, including consideration of the expectations and goals laid out in the application essay.
Statement and Signature by the Honors Director/Dean
Provide a statement of 150-200 words responding to the following:
- Comment on the intellectual strengths and weaknesses of this student, including thecontext in which you have come to recognize these qualities.
- Comment on this student’s service to your program and to your institution.
- Please comment on any other factors which you believe would be helpful to the stipend award committee.
- Signature of Honors Director/Dean: My signature below indicates that the applicant is an active Honors student in my program/college and requires financial assistance in order to participate.