Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the theme this year?
- Finding Your Voice: Speaking Truth to Power
- Please consult the full description before you craft your proposal.
When is the 2020 Conference?
- Thursday, April 2nd-Sunday, April 5th, 2020
When are Proposals due?
- November 15th, 2019
How will my proposal be evaluated?
- Several faculty members will review the proposals using a common rubric.
What kinds of presentations are there?
- Paper Presentations
- Poster Presentations
- Roundtable Discussions
- Idea Exchange
- Art Gallery
What are the presentation strands?
- Economics, and Technology
- History, Politics, and Culture
- Language, Literature, and Philosophy
- Natural Sciences, Psychology, and Allied Health
- Media Studies and the Arts
- Social Sciences (Sociology, Anthropology, Archaeology, Geography, and Jurisprudence)
- Honors Education and Practices
- Please review the full descriptions of each strand before writing your proposal.
Further details about what each proposal category means can be found here.
I’m ready to read the submission instructions or submit my proposal. Where do I do that?
- Just click here. Don’t forget to write down the registrant ID you are randomly assigned. Also have your advisor add his/her contact information and signify his/her approval on the application.
When will I learn whether my proposal has been accepted?
- December 18, 2019
I’m a student and I would like to join the events committee. How do I do that?
- Fill out an application and wait for a response.
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Email Taylor Bennett (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Bryan Pimentel (email@example.com), this year’s student reps, with questions.
What are the specifications for the program cover contest?
- Submissions should illustrate, exemplify, interpret and embody our theme (Finding Your Voice: Speaking Truth to Power).
- Submit designs to Dr. Irina Ellison firstname.lastname@example.org by January 15, 2020.
- Additional requirements can be found here.
What are the Registration fees and dates?
- By March 2, 2020: Early Bird Registration Rate: $295 per person
- By March 20, 2020: Regular Registration Rate: $320 per person
- On-Site Registration Rate: $395 per person