NRHC members are encouraged to submit applications for Minority Scholarships to help cover the cost of conference-related expenses for students who are presenting at the NRHC conference. NRHC will award up to twenty (20) scholarships each year.
The Scholarship will provide $295 to the honors program to be used for the student’s conference registration and $50 directly to the student for other conference-related expenses.
- Student is currently active in honors at an NRHC member institution.
- Student has a presentation proposal accepted for the upcoming conference.
- Student has been recommended by the administrator of the school’s honors program or college.
Fair Distribution: To ensure scholarship money is spread broadly across the region:
- No more than one (1) student from a member institution may receive an NRHC Minority Scholarship in any one calendar year.
- If funds remain after initial distribution, other students from an institution receiving an NRHC Minority Scholarship will be considered.
Basis of Award: Scholarships are awarded competitively based on the quality of the application.
- Application opens – December 15, 2019
- Application deadline – January 15, 2020
- Award notification – January 31, 2020
The Honors Administrator must submit a complete application, which includes the documents listed below.
- Student Information Form
- Recommendation/Attestation Form
- A 350 – 500 word essay, written by the student, which addresses the student’s educational and career goals, as well as how attending the NRHC conference will support those goals.
- Submission: All application materials should be submitted to the NRHC website. Once institutional membership is verified, the application will be forwarded to the NRHC Scholarship Selection Committee, consisting of the two faculty representatives and one of the two student representatives OR the vice-president.
- The Honors Administrator and student will be notified by email whether or not a Minority Scholarship will be awarded.